Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I've convinced him AGAIN!


The fee for the St. Louis Half Marathon didn't go up on 1/1/10 like it said it was going to. That gave me enough motivation to want to sign up for it for a third year. I had one rule to signing up though. I wouldn't sign up unless my guy was running with me. Somehow I got him to say yes. He really doesn't like running. Our friend is going to run the full marathon that day. My plan is to set a PR(personal record), go back to the car to change, then walk back and cheer our friend on as he crosses the finish line of his first full marathon. I think it sounds fun.


I have to say I am a little nervous that my guy won't be able to hang with me for this race. I have my sights set on a finish time between 1:45 and 1:53. I have already started my training, which includes at least 1 speed training a week. My guy hasn't ran but twice since the marathon in Nov. He does have advatages that I don't; 8 inches, male, natural runner, etc. So he very well may be able to stay with me. At that point I will have to accept the fact that I put hours of training and pounds of sweat in to get that PR and he will have done practically nothing.


Regardless, my main goal is to get a personal record. I really hope all this work pays off!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting... and NUTS!
    (I can't believe you suckered him in again!)

    Best of luck on your new PR... can't wait to hear the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I were there to run it with you... of course, you'd have leave me behind... because this Mama would be pushing a double jogging stroller... that would definitely cut down your PR time! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete